• Deliver the curriculum according to 21st century teaching and learning principles.
• Model and support an applied, learner-centered, hands-on classroom environment that promotes learner engagement and participation.
• Ensure that students reach the expected age-related outcomes.
• Create a positive, active, practical, applied learning environment.
• Manage all facilities and activities related to achieve student learning.
• Play a leadership role in modeling behaviour, attitudes, and learning behaviours for students.
• Support the learning process by identifying needs and guiding students to achieve their learning objectives.
• Ensure assessments are delivered according to the assessment strategy and guidelines, in a valid and rigorous manner.
• Maintain an accurate record of student achievement and performance.
• Create positive and effective relationships with colleagues working effectively as a team member
• Promote a positive teaching and learning environment in Emirates School Establishment (ESE) schools across the Emirates.
• Facilitate applied lessons in an engaging and progressive manner.
• Ensure successful implementation of the new curriculum and assessment strategy.
• Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of the new curriculum and assessment strategy
• Participate in professional development and training to enhance skills.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree.
- Possess excellent knowledge of the subject matter.
- 3 years’ of full time teaching experience (2 years if holding teaching license) for non-UAE Nationals.
- Relevant industry experience.
- Experience with the requirements of AP Microeconomics & AP Macroeconomics.
- Good level of English proficiency (equivalent of EmSAT 1400 or IELTS Band 6 Academic/6.5 General).
- Relevant Master’s Degree/PhD.
- Experience with the requirements of GCSE, AS and A-level examinations in Business Studies.
- Teaching and / or recognized assessor qualification (eg PGCE, Cert.Ed. A and V awards).
- Good level of Arabic proficiency.
Emirates Schools Establishment was established based on Federal Decree Law No. 15 of 2016 issued by the President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, may Allah protect him, to contribute and partake as an integral part of the efforts made to develop the public education sector in the UAE, in line with the country’s vision and its centennial that was based on the quality of the educational output to sustain the development process by joining and uniting efforts and visions to offer quality education to the students in public schools.
• Developing strategies, educating, and learning plans, as well as the student welfare programs.
• Promoting and enhancing the competence of the Federal State Education sector.
• Operating, managing, and establishing schools and kindergartens.
• Encouraging educational studies and research for developing learning.
The Academy Programme Overview
The Academy Programme was launched in 2017, initially in Sport Science allowing students with an exceptional skill or talent the opportunity to specialize in a particular area whilst at the same time continuing to study towards their General Leaving Certificate. Since 2017 there are now almost 100 specialist academies operating across the whole of the UAE in the following specialist areas:
• Health Science
• Sports Science
• Creative Arts
• Community Security and Safety
• Food Science and Safety
• Business and Economics
• Agricultural Science
All the academies operate from Grade 9-12 with the exception of the Sports and Creative Arts Academies which operate from Grade 5. Students study their specialist area for up to 6 periods per week alongside all their main curriculum areas of study. Students have access to a comprehensive work placement programme which develops their employability skills to enter higher education or the world of work. Academies are well equipped with specialist resources to deliver a practical learning environment. Partnerships with key stakeholders including universities and employers are rapidly developing.
The Academy Programme has ambitious plans for growth across all areas in the coming years and it is now seeking to recruit experienced staff with relevant vocational experience to take the programme to the next level.
The Business and Economics Academy
The Business and Economics Academy (BEA) was launched as a pilot programme in January 2021. It is aimed at Cycle 3 Advanced level students. Initially commencing with Grade 9, this academy will develop year on year to encompass Grade 9 – 12 students. The purpose of the BEA is to ensure that our best and brightest students are leaders and innovators in their fields.
The curriculum is designed to support students’ engagement with the subjects of Business and Economics. Through scenarios and real-world contexts, they will advance their theoretical and practical business skills. The BEA aims to provide business skills to those students who wish to progress in a variety of fields, and to develop an entrepreneurial mindset that can enhance all professions.