As Technical Officer – Mechanical you must have a very strong focus on operational hard FM and must have a proven track record of managing similar roles across mechanical and electrical property works. Responsible for maintaining and developing facilities of designated area; ensuring that repairs, planned preventative maintenance, planned improvements and emergency repairs (as well as M&E aspects of large new build or refurbishment projects) are all arranged and delivered to a very high standard, within budget and with legislative compliance being monitored.
- Plans, organizes and implements routine and unscheduled maintenance (reactive and planned) works in portfolio of buildings.
- Undertakes technical analysis and evaluations on plant performance diagnosing solutions to reoccurring problems, recommending modifications and improvements on plant performance to avoid downtime, to meet reliability KPIs and contractual obligations.
- Achieves maintenance and reliability work objectives by carrying out all maintenance and repairs as needed to achieve reliability KPIs and contractual obligations.
- Undertakes problem solving in the rectification of system faults, utilising historical data and testing equipment to diagnose and correct technical issues.
- Carries out site inspections, prepares surveys, cost estimates and feasibility studies
- Specifies and manages building electrical and mechanical works for a range of term, and main contractors
- Monitors the work technicians, carries out technical vetting of their performance.
- Monitor and supervise the on-site Permit to Work System in accordance with standard procedures.
- Develops and maintains effective, supportive and reliable communication and professional working relationship with field and office-based colleagues.
- Plans and designs new maintenance processes.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree is an advantage.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in plumbing systems maintenance.
- Must have supervisory experience.
Job Specific Skills:
- Good communication skills and computer knowledge.