The Senior Technical Officer – Electrical will perform preventive and corrective maintenance, give overall direction to his Technicians and support the improvement efforts of the department to increase performance. He will ensure proper work handover during shift change and report any fault on the equipment to the engineer.
- Ensure the team is executing the assigned job correctly, completely and on time.
- Ensure the team have the correct knowledge of the assets/installation by providing them the necessary training and guidance on maintenance tasks.
- Deal with subcontractor, schedule their visit and supervise the work assigned to them.
- Prepare the required documentation and produce permits to work.
- Make reports on defects, issues, breakdowns, damages.
- Follow and prepare the duty roster.
- Ensure spare parts levels, requirements and availability.
- Follow all work instructions given by the Engineers and managers.
- Accomplish special team projects assigned by their Line Manager.
- Assist in completing documents to be used for internal or external audits.
- Comply with the company standards specifically related to personal hygiene, dress code and behavior.
- Comply with all HSEQ procedures, rules and regulations from the client and from FMM’s HSEQ Management System.
- Attend all training sessions and understand all documents, including training handouts or modules, work instructions and toolboxes.
- Report workplace accident, incident, near miss or health event to their line manager.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
Experience & Skills:
- 10 years’ experience in compatible function and facility.
- Valid Qatar Driving License is a MUST.
- Regulations (e.g., OSHA, MSDS, NFPA, BS).
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Capable of establishing work priorities.
- Can work with less supervision.