Qatar Executive (QE) is recruiting for Senior Manager Ground Operations and IOC (Integrated Operations Centre).
The SM Ground Operations and IOC is responsible for the strategic and management oversight of QE’s Ground Operations and IOC team. This role will ensure that the highest quality and safety level of ground support, crew resourcing and operational flight plans is provided at all times. It is also responsible in ensuring that the service fully satisfies all standard procedures as enforced by the regulatory bodies and highest applicable industry standards.
Specific responsibilities of the role include the following:
• Identifies and develops industry best practice improvements to systems, processes and structures to enhance operational effectiveness.
• Develops and delivers cost effective, safe and compliant policies and procedures to support QE’s operational requirements.
• Determines the best scheduling strategy in order to improve efficient utilization of personnel and equipment to optimize revenues.
• Establishes policies, procedures and guidelines to facilitate a fully integrated ground operations, services and IOC.
• Manages all Ground Operations and IOC’s all areas of operations performance for cost effective and consistent disruption recovery responses.
• Provides solutions and corrective actions to all difficulties encountered in ground handling processes.
• Operations Control responsibilities – monitors the progress of each flight and initiates timely action when the flight cannot be completed as planned which includes diversions and terminations.
• Analyses data and prepares recommendations for review and approval of QE Management.
• Monitors the performance of all stations including turn-around times and schedules.
• Ensures that the IOC is supported with high technology systems such as flight planning system (LIDO), planning tool (Jeppesen), operations system (AMIS/FOS) and flight watch system.
• Actively communicates with different regulatory bodies worldwide such as Civil Aviation Authorities (CAAs), European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and International Air Transport Association (IATA) to ensure that QE properly registers and complies with all the international rules and regulations.
• Communicates effectively with all relevant departments within Qatar Airways Group.
• Prepares the annual budget and contributes in the preparation of the annual business plans and operating budget.
• Establishes the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible
To be a successful candidate, you must have the following qualifications, experience and skills:
• Relevant College or University qualification.
• Minimum of 10 years relevant experience.
• Should have extensive experience in Flight Operations with 5-year experience in managerial level.
• Extensive and comprehensive knowledge of the airline/ airport operation and aviation industry.
• Comprehensive expert knowledge in the field of Ground Operations and the overall Aviation industry.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Proven strong leadership qualities.
• Good analytical and decision-making skills.
• Good systems background and technologically astute.
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
How to apply
If you have what it takes to be part of our 5-star team, please take the first step and apply now by uploading your CV and completing the online application.