This position provides dynamic, collaborative, responsive and forward-thinking vision, and management of academic technology systems and services to support the strategic plan of the University. The individual is expected to have in-depth knowledge and experience in software and hardware used in the higher education to be able to work with faculty to design, implement, and assess educational technologies for teaching and learning. The candidate will oversee and manage the efforts of a team consisting of application specialists and developers and is responsible for budget preparation, staff development, and software licensing.
- Consult with academic business users on best practices of using various technologies for automation, integration, and enhancing business requirements.
- Partner with academic teams to incorporate technology into developing system use cases and tools, academic strategies, business intelligence dashboards.
- Manage project scope, task prioritization, deliverables, quality, communication, resource commitments and integration with other initiatives.
- Track internal project milestones and supervise outsourced projects.
- Ensure that applications meet user requirements and system goals, fulfil end-user requirements, and identify and resolve system issues.
- Interact with academic unit heads (module owners) to analyze and assess their requirements to boost effectiveness and efficiency of day-to-day tasks as well as offer new services.
- Identify system functionality and integrated technology opportunities and solutions for resolving complex business problems.
- Provide technical and functional support for academic systems including student information system, student recruitment and admission systems (i.e., CRM, Banner, analytics reporting tools)
§ Manage the ongoing operational support, security, and access privileges for the applications.
- Design, develop and support the applications and new modules and customizations.
- Lead and supervise the developers by providing them with technical advice and mentoring.
§ Provide project leadership for technical workgroups.
§ Implement and administer third party solutions.
§ Develop and implement standardized MIS procedures.
- Review documentation produced by development team for all supported in-house modules.
- Liaise between IT teams, vendors and other SUAD project stakeholders.
- Collaborate with IT management on project planning and reporting.
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed by the Line Manager.
§ Bachelor of Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
§ A master’s degree in a related field
- Certificates in related technology
§ 7 or more years of experience in system development life cycle, application development, application security, application management, Banner SIS/Salesforce CRM support
§ 5 or more years of experience in higher education technology.
§ Working knowledge of the Ellucian Banner, Blackboard, Salesforce CRM, Argos BI, Oracle & SQL databases.
Required Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
§ High level of proficiency in System Development Life Cycle
§ Experience in Systems Architecture and Integration using REST APIs
§ Supervise the overall design, implementation, integration, administration, and maintenance of academic applications & systems
§ Systems Analysis Skills
§ Information Security knowledge and experience, including understanding of information security principals, policies, and standards.
§ Experience with managing team of developers
§ Experience with Oracle and Reports Development
§ Experience with Relational Database Management Systems (Oracle)
§ Experience with SQL/PLSQL scripting, JAVA coding and development tools
§ Knowledge of operating systems – Windows/Linux
§ Strong interpersonal and communication skills
§ Strong leadership and organization skills
§ Ability to manage and prioritize workload to deliver high quality work products on time with minimal direction.
§ Continuous learning, creative thinking/innovation, multi-tasking, analysis/assessment, problem solving.
§ Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
§ Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work with both technical and non-technical users.
Preferred Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
§ Scripting languages & Development tools
- Experience with Ellucian Banner
- Experience with Workflow
- Advanced PL/SQL Package Development
- Salesforce CRM