Abu Dhabi University (ADU) has been dedicated to offering internationally benchmarked undergraduate and postgraduate programs and has become one of the region’s leading centers of academic excellence. We have a vibrant and cosmopolitan student population of around 6,000 students from over 60 nationalities enrolled in 32 undergraduate programs and 24 postgraduate programs, including our prestigious DBA. ADU is the only private higher education institution in the UAE and the region to receive international accreditation and institutional recognition from the “Western Association of Schools and Colleges: Senior College and University Commission – WSCUC”.
The College of Arts & Sciences (CAS) provides general education courses for all undergraduate students, with few select undergraduate programs and post graduate studies in the education field: BA in Mass Communication (Arabic and English), Post Graduate Professional Diploma in Teaching (English), MSc in Special Education, and Med in Educational Leadership. CAS also provides courses in areas of Sciences, Mathematics, and Statistics that are college requirement courses for UG students joining Engineering and Health Sciences programs.
Full Time Assistant Professor/Associate Professor Position (Strategic Communication) at the Department of Mass Communication. The candidate should be a bilingual who can teach in both our English and Arabic streams of the program.
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) Abu Dhabi University seeking for an Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor of Mass Communication specializing in Strategic Communication, a position beginning in Spring, 2022. The successful candidate should be able to teach on a full-time basis the following undergraduate courses such as:
- – Principles of Strategic Public Relations
- – Organizational Communication
- – Writing for PR
- – Media Research
- – Communication Strategy in Advertising
- – Integrated Communication Campaign
- – PR Protocol and Etiquette
- – Social Media Management
- – Public Relations Campaigns
- – Mass Media Ethics and Responsibilities
- – Theories of Mass Communication
- – Intercultural Communication
- – Media Management
- – Event Management
- · Prepare and deliver lectures and seminars.
- · Consult and supervise student projects and research work.
- · Mark and assess student work, assignments, projects, tests and examinations.
- · Prepare, review and moderate examination questions and marking answer scripts.
- · Develop subject teaching materials for the subjects the academic teaches.
- · Conduct research and contribute to publications.
- · Participate in professional activities in the University/ community.
- · Be a member of various committees.
- · Carry out leadership roles in educational activities in their academic Department/ Centre.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- A PhD in Media and Communication specializing in Strategic Communication or any other relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in the media industry.
- Demonstrate potential for a strong research and publication record.
- Effective presentation skills, both theoretical and practical.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic language.
- Familiar with the new media technologies.