Primary Teachers work in teams, led by Lead Teachers and supported by a Sector Specialist, with each member contributing to the continuous improvement of teaching and learning materials and support for students. Primary Teachers are responsible for the successful implementation of the English Language Curriculum across grades 1-5 and are required to do the following:
- Deliver the curriculum according to 21st century teaching and learning principles.
- Model and support a learner-centred, hands-on classroom environment that promotes learner engagement and participation.
- Ensure that students reach the expected age-related outcomes for English.
- Develop and build on young learner’s early literacy skills.
- Develop children’s social and communication skills and provide a safe and secure environment that fosters learning.
- Engage with parents to build and increase parental engagement.
- Create a positive, active, language-rich learning environment.
- Support the learning process by identifying needs and guiding students to achieve their learning objectives.
- Ensure assessments are delivered according to the assessment strategy and guidelines, in a valid and rigorous manner.
- Maintain an accurate record of student achievement and performance.
- Create positive and effective relationships with colleagues.
English Teachers are required to:
- Work extra hours to provide extra-curricular activities
- Travel as required to events, training and provide cover away from their school
- Teach across disciplines where necessary (subject to experience and qualifications)
- Be smart and present a positive image of themselves and the department at all times
English Teachers should be able to:
- Integrate with colleagues from different cultures
- Perform all aspects of their role with an understanding of the wider strategy
- Plan effectively and manage their workload
- Operate in arduous weather conditions (hot)
- Gain the confidence and respect of Emirati personnel at all levels
English Teachers should possess:
- Maturity, intelligence, energy and a good sense of humour
- Diplomacy and tact
- Outstanding initiative and enthusiasm
- Moral courage and integrity
- Patience, resilience and flexibility
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Awareness of and sensitivity to Islamic culture
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree
- Possess excellent knowledge of the subject matter.
- 3 years’ of full time teaching experience (2 years if holding teaching license) for non-UAE Nationals.
- Good level of English proficiency (equivalent of EmSAT 1400 or IELTS Band 6 Academic/6.5 General).
- Relevant Master’s Degree/PhD.
- Teaching license/qualification.
- Experience with second language learners.
- Good level of Arabic proficiency.
The establishment reserve the right to accept or reject any application without giving reasons.
It will not be considered to duplicate applications or non-compliant with the Terms of the Declaration
Locations are based on operational needs and across all emirates in the UAE.