The purpose of this position is to oversee the IT Service Desk Team and to ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate support. This includes the responsibility of managing staff resources and all procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of end user help requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of Help Desk functions.
- Establish and enforce Help Desk service level agreements in consultation with end users to establish
problem resolution expectations and timeframes.
- Analyze performance of Help Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of help desk
technology procurement and development efforts.
- Liaise with vendors for the procurement of new systems technologies, oversee installation, and resolve adaptation issues.
- Manage the processing of incoming calls to the Help Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure
courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Design and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Monitor and test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Assess needs for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
- Manage, track IT assets and ensure proper labeling, tagging and equipment life cycles.
- Oversee development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for end users.
- Oversee and plan the training requirements of help desk staff.
- Train the helpdesk team on the ticket lifecycle best practices and Enforce helpdesk best practices and continuous monitoring of the helpdesk team activities, communications, and actions
- Handle tier 1 and 2 incidents and problems and escalating when necessary
- Responsible for reporting all problems and providing statistics to Head of Information Technology.
- Liaise between IT teams, vendors and other SUAD project stakeholders.
- Collaborate with IT management on project planning and reporting.
- Set and review goals and perform annual appraisals for team members.
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed by the Line Manager.
Profile (Minimum Qualifications, Minimum Experience, Job-Specific Skills)
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- English proficiency written and spoken
- A master’s degree in a related field
- Certificates in related technology
- 5 or more years of helpdesk lead experience in an organization of 500 end users or more
- 5 or more years of experience in higher education technology
- Working experience of help desk ticketing systems (i.e. ServiceNow, Mange Engine, etc).
- Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy Management
- Microsoft Exchange on cloud and on premise
- Printers and print management system experience
- Room audio and projector setup experience
Required Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated progressive experience in the management of a technical support team
- Proven track record of developing and providing Service Level Agreements and Help Desk deliverables
- Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates
- Microsoft and Apple Operating Systems.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Extensive application support experience
- Workstations and printing peripheral maintenance and configuration.
- Mobile and tablet device configuration
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to do physical labor
- Capable of multi-tasking
- Information Security knowledge and experience, including understanding of information security
principals, policies, and standards
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload to deliver high quality work products on time with minimal direction
- Continuous learning, creative thinking/innovation, multi-tasking, analysis/assessment, problem solving
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work with both technical and nontechnical users
Preferred Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- CompTIA A+ Certification or any similar Computer Technician certification
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Managing and implementing SCCM process
- French Language proficiency is a plus
- VDI experience is a plus
- Identity management system is a plus
- Manage Engine Service Desk is a plus
- Blackboard or any LMS system experience is a plus