The American University in the Emirates invites Full Professor for full-time faculty teaching position in the following Specialization:
- Criminal Law
- Academic Year: 2022-2023 (starting August 22, 2022)
- Instruction Language: English
- Instruction Language: English and Arabic
- Teaching Load: 24 credit hours per academic year (12 credit hours each Semester)
- You can check the program and the courses by clicking on the following link:
Responsible to provide students with professional expertise in teaching, assessing student work, academic advising, participating in administrative and committee activities, professional service, and community service.
Qualifications & Education
- Ph.D. in Criminal Law (only English program) from a recognized University accredited by an American Accreditation body
- 18 credit hours of graduate studies in the required field
- A minimum of three (3) articles indexed in Scopus listed journals or five (5) articles in peer-reviewed journals in the past five years”
- Applicants must have a minimum of 5 years of teaching /working experience in an internationally accredited university.
- Proven record of excellence at baccalaureate and graduate program level teaching
Skills / Training / Knowledge
- Curricular development and review.
- Record of professional accomplishment including peer-reviewed publications
- Continued research program and interest in collaboration with another faculty.
- Ability to integrate web-based and digital technology in the classroom.
- Willingness to provide service to the University and the College.
- Excellent English Proficiency and Communication skills for Faculty teaching in English
- Excellent Arabic Proficiency and Communication skills for faculty teaching in Arabic
1. Instructional Delivery (Teaching Performance)
- Present research and practice driven teaching and
- adapt to latest pedagogical techniques that stimulate students to inquiry and to encompass a broad and coherent body of knowledge, attaining the skills and competencies through engaging delivery techniques and development of appropriate assessments
2. Instructional Management
Effectively manage the instructional processes
3. Assessment and Evaluation
- Evaluating students’ performance and grading
- Provide clear assessment criteria that reflect course content and its learning outcomes
- Set expectations to students and avoid cognitive biasness
4. Curriculum Development and Review
Contributes to regular curriculum reviewing and improving the existing curriculum for quality and effectiveness
- For quality:
- Currency and relevancy of the theories and practice in the field
- Intellectual rigor appropriate to the level of the degree program
- For Effectiveness
- Increasingly complex presentation of theories, principles, and practice
- Increasingly complex levels of analysis and development of competencies
- Application of theories and principles.
5. Research, and/or Scholarship
Actively engage in scholarly activities and publish peer-reviewed articles in area of specialization thus contributing to the Mission of the University
6. Professional Development
Acquire latest academic techniques, discipline and professional certification, technology related development, and leadership development through attending in-campus and out-campus workshops, seminars and training
7. Academic Advising and Academic Success
Provide academic advising and guidance the students in the program learning outcomes, curriculum planning and career planning
Participate by working in a task force or workgroup to accomplish assignment or project such as accreditation, recruitment, research administration, consultation, and service to university, discipline and to community
|1. Instructional Delivery (Teaching Performance)||10|
|2. Instructional Management||10|
|3. Assessment and Evaluation||10|
|4. Curriculum Development and Review||10|
|5. Research, and/or Scholarship||20|
|6. Professional Development||10|
|7. Academic Advising and Academic Success||15|
American University in the Emirates – Dubai International Academic City – Dubai – United Arab Emirates.