The American University in the Emirates seeks an experienced Director of Student Services to join the team. The main purpose of this role is to provide students with additional learning and development outside the classroom and lead and ensure the delivery of academic skills and support programs.
This position will be directing and leading the following offices:
- Student Recruitment Manager
- Student Life & Community Engagement Office
- Alumni Office
- Career & Internship office
Qualifications & Education
- Holder of Master’s and Bachelor’s Degree in Education Management, Educational Leadership, counseling, or any relevant discipline.
The monthly salary is (17,000 AED) with the following benefits:
- 30 paid days of annual leave.
- Annual air ticket to the home country.
- Health Insurance
Experience/ Training / Knowledge:
- Experience in student services or student support for a minimum of 2 – 3 years with a minimum of 5 years experience at the Managerial level.
- Minimum 5 years of experience at a managerial Education level needed
- Bilingual mandatory (English & Arabic).
- Direct and oversee the university processes and activities related to Student Services including (Student Life, Student Recruitment, Alumni, Career & Internship Minimum 5 years of related experience in an educational institution or similar environment.
- Lead and manage the Student services department staff by providing opportunities for professional development
- Participate in university committees, to promote successful provision of student services
- Perform needs assessments to plan program strategies in the area of student services that guarantees a safe and academically supportive environment
- Periodically benchmark best practices in all the areas related to student services management and recommend/suggest changes accordingly
- Ensure student services programs are consistent with institutional priorities
- Develop annual goals and objectives related to student services
- Develop, implement and evaluate departmental and/or institutional policies and procedures and recommend changes as needed
- Develop and manage the annual Student services budgets
- Perform other job-related duties as required
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
American University in the Emirates – Dubai International Academic City – Dubai – United Arab Emirates.
- We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic.