- Oversee the implementation of the Operator’s preventive and corrective maintenance strategy including standards, processes, functions, system & procedures.
- Assist in the development of rail maintenance plans by setting the goals and key initiatives to achieve the goals, based on the current and expected performance, and within specifications.
- Ensure the timely submission of personal objective to the concerned supervisor.
- Assist in the management and submission of the yearly business objectives by employee.
- Attend project taking-over an end of defect liability period inspection from the main contractor, ensure that snag lists are prepared and submitted to the contractor for rectification through the concerned department.
- Ensure compliance with the QSEH standards, rules and procedures, and report accidents and/ or potential hazards when required
- Facilitate the management review on maintenance planning issues, performance, inspection, progress towards the objectives & targets, programs, etc.
- Responsible for preparing yearly reports with inputs from all other specialists comparing the maintenance practices of the department with the current international best practices.
- Manage sections’ audit/inspection regime including high risk safety activities.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with the position as appropriate.
- Comply with the RTA’s Quality standards and requirements, and the RTA policy in respect to Shareholders,
- Customer, Suppliers and Employees to carry out your duties and responsibilities as per RTA Code of Conduct.
- Assist in the development of an annual budget plan for the rail maintenance department and forecast, monitor implementation, evaluate and recommend specific adjustments during the implementation project needs.
- Communicate with senior engineers on maintenance cost with ERV (estimate replacement value) and other related rail maintenance activities and planning.
- Assist in the Review of designs (design maintainability review) as and submit recommendations when requested and review maintenance plans and layout to insure its compliance with the standards.
- Propose and improve systems and procedures to enhance the maintenance quality standard and efficiency of the department.
- Assist in the execution, and supervision of work/projects including, review work requirements, issue work schedule & approval of work programs, supervise contractor & approve work completion, random site inspections & audits, and maintenance contractor evaluation.
- Analyse statistical data and reports to identify causes of rail maintenance problems and develop recommendation for improvement.
- Manage the implementation of RSEMS and departmental Agency Safety and Environmental Management System (ASEMS), Ensure achievement of targeted results in each key performance areas as outlined in the plan.
- Mobilize available resources, through liaison with support departments, other offices to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work.
- Manage the information system to enhance and improve e the same for efficient use.
- Ensure achievement of the quality objectives as set forth in the RTA and the department quality plan.
- Ensure that a clear mentoring program is put in place utilizing the other line based maintenance specialists.
- Identify and manage all risks ensuring review and sufficient control and mitigation is provided for operational activates and proposed changes.
- Master’s degree in Engineering: Civil, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical from a recognized University.
- Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards.
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
- 10 years of working experience
- Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
- Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications.
- Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints.
Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Experience in sketching charts or diagrams.
- Excellent knowledge of contract administration management, standards, processes, functions, system and procedures.