Participate heavily in planning transport integration. Conduct studies to provide solutions, initiatives and projects to enhance the connectivity between transport modes and the surrounding amenities. In addition, ensure information and system wide integration. Finally, conduct technical audits for transport systems designs and operation systems.
KEY RESULTS ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develop policies, processes, guidelines and action plans related to the integration of transport services in Dubai
- Check planning layouts and engineering designs of public transport lines and facilities (stations and stops) to ensure meeting the integration requirements
- Participate in planning and design of transport infrastructure to ensure physical and information integration is achieved.
- Perform difficult and complex assignments in transportation planning studies and projects.
- Reviewing and commenting various Traffic Impact Studies and Transportation Master Plans with respect to all of their modelling needs and issues.
- Conduct technical studies to enhance the integration of all modes of transport services and provide solutions.
- Conduct international benchmarking exercises in relation to different transportation planning and policy issues, analyse and report results.
- Set the right framework and guidelines for transport integration, physically, technically and system wise.
- Comply with the RTA policy in respect to the Shareholders, Customer, Suppliers, Employees, and to carry out duties and responsibilities as per RTA Code of Conduct.
- Provide technical advice and recommendations on various transport projects.
- Participate in related teams and technical committees as instructed.
- Conduct traffic analysis using traffic software (Synchro,Sidra,HCS, Vissim,Visum).
- Technical review of traffic intersections diversions capacity and instruction signs.
- Study and review short-term traffic solutions “Quick Wins” and plan for long-term traffic solutions.
- Study traffic congestions reasons and propose effective solutions.
- Benchmark traffic engineering to latest technological methods and international standards.
- Develop Terms of Reference for the projects related to Traffic Department.
- Review and analyses critically studies related to schedule and information integration between different transport modes, including buses, metro and tram.
- Audit regularly the concerned agencies to ensure integration of transport services implementation.
- Analyze the KPIs related to integration from the operational agencies in RTA and provide solutions to enhance transport integration
- Master degree in Civil Engineering/ Transport from a recognized university.
- Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards.
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints.
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
- Advanced knowledge of recent trends in transportation and urban planning.
- Advanced knowledge of traffic engineering, public transport operations, roadway design and public transport facility design.
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
- 10 years of relevant experience in developed as well as developing markets across a range of transportation connectivity with the land use.
- Advanced knowledge of concepts techniques, and social/ legal aspects of integrated urban and transportation planning, and multi-modal transportation planning.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks in an effective, high quality and timely manner.
- Knowledge of project management principles and techniques and ability to manage complex planning projects with tight schedules.
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
- Knowledge of methods and procedures related to research and statistical analysis and reporting.
- Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications