The purpose of this position is to take the responsibility of improving and developing applications reports. The candidate will work on building a 360 view of data in SUAD, extending the reports features and improve the data accuracy across all SUAD IT systems. The role will support the strategic priorities of the university to transform, digitize and automate business processes that are currently manual. This candidate will play an essential role in providing administrative and application support for technologies used by administrative and academic units.
- Lead the effective implementation and ongoing maintenance of the systems.
- Work with IT teams to insure the accurate data input.
- Work with business users to improve the data accuracy.
- Establish a warehouse database to link all databases into it.
- Insure the availability and reliability of databases.
- Work on Data cleanup and initiate a data structuring.
- Help in building 360 dashboards for users & management.
- Manage the integrations between all SUAD IT systems Support tools, content, and technologies, roles, users, security, internal system notifications and other technology user accounts.
- Manages the testing and evaluation of new features and tools that integrate with the systems by facilitating and managing vendor vetting and training.
- Provides training to the end users in the systems as well as other professional development sessions.
- Analyze current processes and business requirements to make recommendations for improvements, as well as new features, integrations, and applications.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Liaise between IT teams, vendors and other SUAD project stakeholders.
- Collaborate with IT management on project planning and reporting.
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed by the Line Manager.
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- A master’s degree in a related field
- Certificates in related technology
- 3-5 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience.
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Available to work after hours and/or weekends and on-call, as specified by supervisor.
- Experience implementing and manage the e-leaning systems.
- Experience in managing data electronically.
- Experience in communicating with a variety of groups of customers at different levels
- Sound knowledge of corporate communications, strategic planning, research and project management
- Experience in Argos reporting
- Experience in PowerBI reporting developments.
- Experience in higher education technology.
Required Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- High level of proficiency in System Development Life Cycle
- Experience in Systems Architecture and Integration using REST APIs
- Information Security knowledge and experience, including understanding of information security principals, policies, and standards.
- Experience with Relational Database Management Systems (Oracle)
- Experience with SQL/PLSQL scripting, JAVA coding and development tools
- Knowledge of operating systems – Windows/Linux
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload to deliver high quality work products on time with minimal direction.
- Continuous learning, creative thinking/innovation, multi-tasking, analysis/assessment, problem solving.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work with both technical and non-technical users.
Preferred Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
Scripting languages & Development tools