53 Questions To Ask from Employer at a Job Interview And Why – Complete List
53 Questions to ask from Employer to inform that what matters to you
Asking questions during a job interview is crucial! By not asking any questions, you may not seem interested enough to get that particular job. However, you have to choose your questions carefully, because asking something inappropriate can also keep you from getting hired. Avoid asking questions about benefits, salary and such. Therefore, in this post, we list you a collection of 53 questions to ask from employer. Make sure you don’t ask everything in a single interview.
These are things you have to consider when you go through a formal interview.
Choosing Your Questions
Some questions to ask at a job interview are as follows:
1. There are many factors that affect the salary that you are considering. How much experience do you have? Are you going to state your reason for the salary increase?
2. If you are looking for a promotion, can you state how long you plan to serve your company?
3. What are the working conditions? If you have any requests, what do you think needs to be done?
4. What are the advancement opportunities in this job?
5. What is the company policy and expectations for overtime?
6. Does the company pay higher education loans?
7. What are the job prospects? You want to know if the job you are considering will be there in a short time?
8. How well is the company planning to compensate you after you’ve complete your course?
9. Based on your past work experience, do you think you will be able to adapt well to the duties of this profession?
10. What is the prospect of career growth in this profession? In other words, is it easy to move from one position to another?
11. Are the working conditions good?
12. What is the life style like? Is it difficult to adjust to?
13. Is this a profession you can adjust to?
14. Is it somewhere you can adventure in, or is it too demanding?
15. What are the challenges you will face in this profession?
16. What is the job market for this profession? You can expect fair competition during the job search.
17. How well is the pay expected to be?
18. What is the expected start date?
19. Does your Job require you to travel? Is travel expected?
20. How many hours per week can you dedicate to work?
21. What are the dress codes they expect for the position?
22. What is the number of hours you can expect to work?
23. Becoming pregnant? Should you stop work for the time period while you go to become pregnant?
24. When will you decide if you are in fact ready to return to work?
25. What are the criteria for considered too unsuitable for the position?
26. What benefits are offered by the company?
27. When can you start work?
28. What did you find in the advertisement for the position?
29. Is there anything about the position that causes you some concern?
30. Is the position you are considering a step up from the last position?
31. How many people have held this position in the last 12 months?
32. What is the expected start salary for this position?
33. How many people are expected to be working for the company in the future?
34. Are there any special considerations put upon the staff serving in this position?
35. What do you think about the hours the staff reports to you?
36. What is the trigger date for the staff meeting?
37. What is the next step in the interview process?
38. Do you have any questions regarding the job?
39. Based upon your meeting, do you think you can meet the Friday deadline?
40. What is the culture of the organisation?
41. What are the values and characteristics that are associated with the company?
42. How would you compare the staff of the company with the position you are filling?
43. What is the career path of people who have held this position?
44. What is the average starting salary for the position?
45. How many job applications have been received so far?
46. In the last six months, how many people have been interviewed for the job?
47. Does your company have any redundancy cover policies in place?
48. When is the last time that you utilised the services of a recruitment agency for recruitment?
49. If three job applications were received for a position, do you know the reasons for not receiving them?
50. Do you have any feedback mechanisms in place that allow you to track the performance of your recruitment process?
51. Have you hired external agencies in the past?
52. What is the external audit team process you use?
53. What is the internal audit team process?